Beames Brook Bridge Closure
Two day bridge closure from
Friday 5 to Saturday 6 October
Wills Developmental Road
The Department of Transport and Main Roads (TMR) will undertake important works on Beames Brook Bridge on the Wills Developmental Road, 30km south west of Burketown.
- The road will be closed from Friday 5 October to Saturday 6 October between 6am and 7pm
- Alternative route for motorists whilst Beames Brook Bridge is closed – is between Gregory and Burketown along the Nardoo – Burketown Road (Augustus Downs). This route will detour south east of Burketown and connects to the Wills Developmental Road, approximately 60km east of the Gregory
- Queensland Traffic will provide the latest updates via the website www.qldtraffic.qld.gov.au
- Works during the closure period will include the installation of new bridge units
- Key project achievements since construction commenced in August include, entire clearance works completed, side track installed and the removal of the temporary bridge
- RoadTek is undertaking the works on behalf of TMR
- This project is funded by the Australian and Queensland Governments under the Bridges Renewal Program
- More details including a map of the detour can be found in this public notice from TMR
Help name the new bridge over
The Department of Transport and Main Roads (TMR) is seeking your help to name the new bridge over Beames Brook on the Wills Developmental Road, south of Burketown.
The new bridge will be opened to traffic in late 2018 and the public are being asked to put forward a name for the bridge, especially one that highlights the area’s cultural significance.
TMR is working closely with the Traditional Owners, the Gangalidda and Garawa People, during the construction of the bridge, to ensure this area’s important and enduring cultural values and significance are protected.
The new bridge presents the perfect opportunity for locals to keep the history of the area alive by recognising a significant person, place or event that relates to the waterway and surrounding area.
Submissions must be submitted by 31 October.
The completed nomination form and supporting documentation can be submitted by:
Phone: 07 4769 3208
For further information and to get a copy of the nomination form visit the TMR website.
Doomadgee Music Hub
The Doomadgee Music Hub is officially open for people aged between 15 and 25 – William Thompson will be looking after the Music Hub and he can be contacted on
07 3164 6276 or 07 3164 6277
Booking sessions are essential and are by appointment only – NO CHILDREN under the age of 15 are permitted – Opening Hours are 2pm to 10pm Monday to Friday.
Wi-Fi Internet at our Youth Hub kindly donated by: More Telecom