- Are you an experienced Senior Executive comfortable leading a multifaceted organisation or Local Council?
- Join a Local Government Authority dedicated to providing high quality services for the Doomadgee community
- Highly attractive remuneration package circa $256,000, including fully furnished accommodation, 5 weeks annual leave and relocation assistance!
About Doomadgee Aboriginal Shire Council
As the local government authority, Doomadgee Aboriginal Shire Council has an important responsibility to act in the interests of the local people, as an extension of their voice, values and ideals.
Doomadgee, an Aboriginal community in the Gulf of Carpentaria, 140km from the Northern Territory border and 93km west of Burketown, is located alongside the Nicholson River, providing access to the coast and various freshwater rivers .
About the Opportunity
Due to planned retirement, Doomadgee Aboriginal Shire Council currently has a rare strategic leadership opportunity for a Chief Executive Officer to lead their team in Doomadgee, QLD on a full-time ongoing basis.
Accountable to the Council through the Mayor, you will have opportunity to provide strategic oversight and leadership to Council to ensure high quality services for the community.
Your role scope will encompass, but will not be confined to:
- Ensuring Council has a well-developed and highly professional suite of Council policies and governance protocols and attending all Council meetings and reporting on progress
against strategic objectives
- Providing leadership and co-ordinating departmental operations and performance, while maintaining organisational structures to achieve Council’s objectives;
- Developing and implementing the strategic plan focused on increasing Council’s financial independence and governance structures;
- Exercising management oversight of Council financial operations;
- Managing human resources appropriately and effectively, in accordance with statutory requirements.
About the Benefits
This is a rare leadership opportunity to join one of only 77 Local Government Authorities in Queensland, and provide strategic guidance for Council’s activities, helping the Doomadgee community achieve social and economic self-determination well into the future.
Experience the great savannahs of Queensland’s Gulf of Carpentaria while engaging with the Indigenous community, government officials and ministers to achieve positive milestones in ‘Closing the Gap’.
In return for your leadership and , you will be rewarded with a highly attractive remuneration package circa $256,000, inclusive of a base salary circa $180,000 – $185,000, 12% super and a generous range of benefits, notwithstanding:
- Relocation assistance (negotiable for the right candidate);
- Locality allowance;
- 5 weeks’ annual leave;
- Subsidised fully-furnished accommodation (suitable for a single person, couple or family);
- Free utilities;
- Vehicle for personal use;
- Isolation bonus for return Air Travel throughout QLD; and
- Professional association/professional development funding.
Drive the strategic direction of the Council and ensure quality services for the Doomadgee community –
|Salary Package - Circa||$256,000|
|Applications Close - 4pm||7th October 2020|