- 3-year performance-based contract
- Generous salary and benefits
Providing strategic leadership and direction to the Economic and Community Development Department you will manage service planning, community capacity building, promotion of the region, social and economic development and ensure the delivery of quality services.
Experience and Qualifications:
Council is seeking a highly motivated professional with a passion for networking and relationship building to maximise opportunities and identify partnerships. Additionally, you must possess:
- Experience sourcing external funding and sponsorship to enable the effective delivery of programs and services.
- Highly developed leadership skills to successfully manage the diverse team and portfolio, including Youth Hub, Radio Station, Culture Liaison, Environmental Health and Animal Management.
- Effective organisational skills and the ability to coordinate various government and non-government service providers.
- Previous experience overseeing community liaison channels including social media publications, website content, radio broadcast messages, newsletters and flyers.
- Experience developing, implementing and reviewing plans, policies and strategies with knowledge of contemporary community management practices, trends and compliance requirements.
- Tertiary qualifications in Community Development, Social Science or Business Management with at least 3 years’ experience managing community-based services, or in an economic/business development role.
- Current ‘C’ class Drivers Licence, Australian Permanent Residency, a Working with Children Blue Card and willingness to undergo a Criminal History check.
- Base salary: $145,000 plus superannuation.
- Vehicle for full private use.
- Furnished air-conditioned accommodation provided.
- Utilities: phone, internet, gas, electricity and pay TV expenses covered.
- Travel: $10,000 for travel within Queensland.
- Professional development.
- Relocation assistance.
- Locality allowance.
To be considered for the position, applicants must address the selection criteria as detailed in the Information Package.
To obtain an Information Package contact Faith Della Sabina:
Phone: (07) 5477 5433
Applications close Monday, 2nd November at 5.00pm
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com.